“EVS Pro: Training for Coordinators and Supervisors of Longterm Volunteering Projects”
23 – 29 October 2017, Satigny/ Geneva, Switzerland/
Kérdéseddel fordulj Achikhoz:
Aim and objectives of the training course
The aim of the project is to clarify all the steps of how to plan, organize and implement EVS/LTV projects of high quality that will be implemented by the partner organizations.
- Increasing knowledge and information about the philosophy of volunteering and the possibility of implementing long term volunteering projects;
- Providing information about the minimum standards of EVS projects, rights, responsibilities and roles of the main stakeholders;
- Clarifying the support systems and the roles included;
- Acquiring new tools for supporting the learning development of the volunteers during the projects;
- Getting into the details of how processes could be efficiently structured through the whole cycle of the project – preparation, application,implementation, evaluation, follow-up activities, next steps
- Sharing of practical tips and tricks for raising the quality of the projects to be implemented;
- Sharing of good and bad practices giving a learning opportunity and ideas for improvement;
- Creating a space for future exchange of long term volunteers among the partners
Dates and venue of the training course
The training will take place from 23rd till 29th October 2017 (5 full workingdays, 23rd arrival and 29th departure day) in Satigny, close to Geneva, Switzerland. The venue will be the Scout centre Les Pérouses, near Satigny village in the lovely green countryside of Geneva canton. The accommodation is organized in shared dormitories, while a dedicated cooking team of volunteers will take care about joint meals and coffee breaks. The workspace will be organized in a spacious seminar room, hoping to have good Swiss autumn weather in order to enjoy the outdoor spaces within the center. The profile of the facility is perfect for a hardworking team, which we hope to gather, having also in mind that the noise after 10 pm must be led down to minimum.
Profile of the participants
- The training course is for coordinators and supervisors from organizations, willing to start to work or currently working with EVS and LTV volunteers.
- Working language of the activities – English
- Travel costs – Reimbursement of the travel tickets will be done according to the rules of the Erasmus+ programme and at receipt of original documents, after the project is completed.
- The Insurance is provided within the training course. If you have an individual insurance or a European Health Card, please bring them along. You are also welcome to organise an individual insurance for yourself, if you don’t have one and wish to do so.
All participants will receive certificate upon successful completion of the training.