EVS AT HÄSTEKASEN FARM, SWEDEN
Az önkéntes szolgálat várható ideje: 2017. október 1-31
Life and activities in an eco-farm community
Hästekasen Farm Association is in the process to found a self sustainable eco-community and learning centre. Finding new ways to re settle the countryside. We experiment with new and traditional ways of building and farming. We run a small scale community farm with many activities related to nature.
Our mission is to empower ourselves and our visitors in self sustainability. Solving challenges in small scale food production. Exploring simple solutions for food, shelter, warmth, water and sewer. Basically “ruralisation” with a simple sustainable lifestyle in the context of the challenges that a globalized civilization poses. Specifically energy issues, ecology issues, and an unsustainable economy based on fossil fuel and debt. In light of these challenging times ahead we would like to show young people how they can become more independent. “Don´t wait for someone to solve your needs or give you a job”. Find ways on how to contribute to society. Become a producer of value.
We feel that our concept evolving around a farm where project participants “live, work and play” on the same location is quite unique and leads to positive impact on a personal level. Our day-to-day activities in the community benefits the individual as well as the host and their network. We aim at producing self-confidence and inspire our participants to take responsibility for their own learning and embrace the idea of life-long-learning. Theme is employability and entrepreneurship.
We hope they leave “the farm” inspired and having understood the basic challenges of self-sustainability.
The idea with this short EVS is:
- Give participants a change to “get a away” for some time and get a new perspective.
- To give participants a chance to try rural, community life and the special activities of Hästekasen.
We also keep in mind what seem to be the basic ambitions of youth in all youth mobilities:
- Be in a group and feel confirmed, respected, seen – usually by having a meaningful role. Identity shaping.
- Learn something new and grow as a person.
- Create something visible or clear and feel pride.
- To have fun and hang out with people of the same age, including romantic aspirations.