23rd August 2017: arrival day
24th – 30th August 2017 (7 days)
31st August 2017: departure day
Application deadline: 2017.06.10.
Gender Equality and Migration training course
PROJECT FOCUS: anti-racism, with a specific attention to the different forms of hate speech currently taking place toward migrant women, women with migratory backgrounds and/or coming from migrant families.
AIM: to provide young people, youth workers and EU civil society organizations, with tools to identify the hate speech, on line and off line, and develop methodologies to afterwards create new raising awareness actions at local and international level to fight the phenomenon widespread.
SPECIFIC OBJECTIVES of the TRAINING COURSE (TC)
- to raise awareness on the current situation in EU concerning the racism widespread and the different forms of hate speech toward migrant women, women with migratory backgrounds and/or
- coming from migrant families;
- to develop tools and methodologies to enhance the raising awareness process and consequently promote anti-racist actions in the involved countries.
Training Course: youth workers, social workers and activists, both male and female, interested in antiracism and in raising awareness toward hate speech on and off line. NOTE: 5 of the training course participants (1 for each involved organization), after being trained on contents and non formal education methods, will be the group leaders of their group during the YE and will also support their sending organizations in the pre- departure preparation and orientation.
We will encourage the participation and active involvement of migrant women, women and young women with migratory backgrounds and/or coming from migrant families.
The whole project will be based on non formal education – NFE methodologies and for this reason, it will be articulated following the NFE main pillars:
- flexibility, being learner-centred, contextualized and based on the promotion of participatory approaches;
- horizontal cooperation, where facilitators and experts create a shared learning path with participants and trainees, encouraging the exchange of knowledge;
- personal empowerment though self-esteem raising, development of the self-confidence, competences and skills development.
During the project it will be proposed a LEARNING BY DOING APPROACH: the specific learning objectives are organized to be practically experimented through interactive activities and to ensure a coherent learning process. Furthermore, METHODS WILL BE RE-ADAPTED during the process, taking into account the needs of participants and of the different actors involved.